Modernisation of the district heating grid on the left bank districts of Szczecin
Company: Szczecińska Energetyka Cieplna
Implementation time frame: November 2012 - November 2015
Project total value: PLN 89,7 MM
Source of funding: National Fund for Environmental Protection and Water Management, under the Infrastructure and Environment Operational Programme, measure 9.2 “Efficient energy distribution”
- Increase security of supply of system heat
- Improve air quality in the city of Szczecin and its region
- Reduce heat losses in the process of heat transmission to consumers
- Improve quality of life in the city of Szczecin and its outskirts by reducing carbon dioxide emissions to the atmosphere from municipal CHP plants by approx. 12,000 tonnes annually
- Reduce the number of faults of the district heating network in Szczecin
- Reconstructed end-of-life segments of the underground district heating network of a total length of more than 21.2 km, replacing the existing pipes with state-of-the-art pre-insulated ones.
- Replaced thermal insulation in overhead network segments of a total length of more than 6.5 km.